Got a 2022 digital marketing game plan yet? While a good strategy takes time to develop, it’s not too late to get started!
Your marketing strategy encompasses several moving parts. Some of them are probably clicking along, while others need a little tune-up. But how do you make that happen?
Before you get started, you need to figure out which parts of your strategy work, and which ones need a tune up. We recommend performing a thorough communications audit and really digging into your analytics. Broad trends shouldn’t dictate your strategy – data is the real key to success.
Below, we’re covering all the digital marketing basics, so you can hit the ground running in 2022.
Tackle your 2022 digital marketing checklist:
1. Get more followers
Everyone wants more social media followers – that’s a given. But in 2022, it’s going to take more than a few good posts to boost your follower count. You’ll need to:
- Post at the right time(s) of day
- Create content tailored to your target audience
- Focus on your visual brand
- Write excellent captions (and optimize them for search)
- Strike the right balance between entertainment, education and self-promotion (a.k.a. provide actual value to your followers)
- Share video content (more on that below)
- Make super-engaging Instagram Stories (if Instagram is a part of your strategy, of course)
- Run contests and promotions
- Create social media ads
- Develop a content calendar
- If you need extra help, hire a social media manager
2. Create video content
Video seems to rule social media these days – and that trend is sure to continue into 2022. Here’s how to get started:
- Use powerful (and relevant) search terms and hashtags in your video captions
- Add subtitles
- Keep your videos short and sweet (though long-form videos work better on YouTube)
- Watch your analytics to see what’s working and what’s not
- Pay attention to video trends, and find ways to make them work for your brand
- Only use good-quality footage. Avoid blurry or pixelated videos!
- Make it fun!
3. Upgrade your website
Is 2022 the year you’ll finally revamp your website? It might seem like an intimidating process, but it’s more manageable when you break it down into steps:
- Set a budget
- Decide on your goals – what does your site need to achieve for your organization?
- Check out your competitors’ websites to see how yours measures up
- Research styles/designs that fit your brand
- Focus on user experience
- Call in an expert
4. Improve your SEO
SEO’s forever evolving – but is your strategy?
- Do your keyword research (and prioritize relevance and search intent while you’re at it)
- Start an SEO-friendly blog (and post at least once per week)
- Learn about AI’s impact on SEO
- Optimize your website’s copy and meta titles/descriptions
- Get advice and assistance from an SEO pro
5. Invest in effective digital ads
It’s hard to make waves in the digital world purely through organic content. Increasing your digital advertising budget could be a smart move, especially if you:
- Give video ads a try (especially the explainer video format)
- Hire a copywriter
- Focus on your audience’s pain points – and show them the benefits and solutions your organization offers
- Invest in incredible photos and imagery
- Run social media ads on your target audience’s favourite platforms
Need help ticking items off your 2022 digital marketing checklist? We’d love to give you a hand! If you’re interested in working with our team, drop us a line.