We dug deep into our Google Analytics reports and our click-through reports to determine which social media business stories you liked best in the last 30 days. Here are the results:
Stories we wrote:
- Tips for going digital free on tonight’s Valentine’s Day dinner date – I found a fantastic – and funny – guide to keeping the digital out of your Valentine’s Day dinner date.
- The day my iPhone died – I can’t deny that I am overly reliant on my smartphone. And I’ll admit to feeling panicked if it’s out of my sight for long. Technology addiction is a real thing. Last month Dateline NBC filmed a ‘Digital Detox’ special that followed four smartphone addicts as they went tech free for two weeks. And there are resources available to help people survive going unplugged for a while.
- Tech Talk: Griffin Twenty – bring your old non-powered speakers into the AirPlay age – If I told you that for less than a hundred bucks you could hook up your old Cerwin Vega or Bose non-powered speakers so you could play content from your iOS devices would you be interested? The Griffin Twenty is the $99.99 answer to that conundrum.
Stories we read:
- Six tips for managing an out-of-control social media crisis – One would think, in 2013, anyone who does social media professionally has this whole social web figured out. Particularly when one works for a big brand that has hundreds of thousands of customers who know how to use Facebook and Twitter. But I guess we know what happens when one assumes.
- 30 Terrible pieces of social media advice you should ignore – There are a lot of so-called “social media experts” out there. Dishing out advice, sometimes based on limited experiences, and sometimes based on nothing at all. We’re here to share some of the worst pieces of social media advice we’ve seen to debunk all those misguided “best practices” and steer you in the right direction toward social media marketing truth and justice.
- 7 Social media DOs and DON’Ts for small businesses – Due to the large number of people on social media, public profiles, and the vast information that is available to all of us via the Internet, businesses should be wary of mal-informed posts and miscommunications for fear of appearing unprofessional, looking like a spambot, or worse, having a social campaign backfire. Here are our 7 DOs and DON’Ts for small businesses on social media.
That’s it for this week – tune in next week for our weekly best of social business recap.
Tags: brand, Dateline NBC, digital, digital detox, Griffin Twenty, Marketing, small businesses, smartphone, smartphone addict, Social Business Recap, Social Media, social media advice, social media business, social media crisis, social media experts, social media marketing, Valentines Day