We dug deep into our Google Analytics reports and our click-through reports to determine which social media business stories you liked best in the last 30 days. Here are the results:
Stories we wrote:
- Making the case for digital marketing: 10 compelling stats - Marketing. All companies do it. But with digital media changing the way people share and consume information, old marketing techniques are becoming increasingly ineffective. Traditions are hard to break, and resistance to change is a natural reaction, but if your company is still hesitant to embrace digital marketing, these 10 compelling stats just might change your mind.
- Top 5 reasons Google hates your website (and why you should care) - Your company has a website. Great. But no one’s visiting it. Not so great. And it gets worse: this lack of traffic is likely a result of your site’s poor performance in Google. So how did your site incur the wrath of Google? Here are the top five likely causes.
- Tech Talk: Apple 13” MacBook Pro with retina display - The 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display is not simply a smaller version of the 15” model. It is a different version, with technical specs that are a bit scaled down than those of the 15” MacBook Pro with Retina display. This doesn’t mean it’s any less of a great computer than the larger 15″ version – it’s smaller, lighter, almost as good – and considerably cheaper.
Stories we read:
- 8 words that may not mean what you think they mean - Here are eight words (beyond “inconceivable”) that may not mean what you think they mean.
- 9 Things businesses shouldn’t do on social media - Use social media the right way, and you can attract new customers and boost your business. Use it the wrong way, and you can spark a backlash that’ll melt your reputation to a sticky puddle. Here are some basic social media don’ts.
- The 7 habits of highly effective writers - Have you ever wondered why some people write easily and fluently, while others struggle and strain as if trying to squeeze a 185-lb body into a size six pair of jeans? In 30 years at this trade, I’ve noticed that effective writers tend to share seven traits. Here is my list.
That’s it for this week – tune in next week for our weekly best of social business recap.
Tags: 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display, Apple Macbook, business, digital, digital marketing, effective writers, Google, MacBook Pro, Marketing, marketing techniques, reputation, Social Business Recap, Social Media, social media business, social media don'ts, websites, writers