In today’s digital media world, content is king.
This is common knowledge now but some companies are still reluctant to embrace it. Creating compelling and relevant content can be time consuming and often requires hiring new talent, so the payoff for such an investment better be huge. The stats below prove that it is.
But before we dive into them, consider this, as big as content marketing is today, it’s set to explode in 2013. Harvard Business Review cites content marketing first in their list of six social-digital trends for 2013. They go as far as saying that “in 2013, content will not only be king, but queen, prince and jester, too.”
So without further ado, here are those stats:
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful
- 78% of people believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them
- 77% of people understand that an organization’s goal for custom content is to sell them something, but are OK with it as long as it provides value
- 73% of people prefer to get information about an organization in a collection of articles rather than in a traditional advertisement
- 61% of people feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are more likely to buy from that company
And then there’s this infographic from Content+, which calls content marketing “the heart of online success”:
And if you’re still hungry for more, or you’re looking for tips on how to make your content irresistible, check out any of The Best Content Marketing Infographics on the Planet, which include such golden information as:
- The history of content marketing (dating back to 4200 B.C.)
- Blogging and content creation inspiration
- Stats showing the content marketing tactics companies are using and exactly what they’re using it for
Insights for this article were contributed by Calin Daniel, president of Inbound Interactive.
Tags: Advertising, blog, business, corporate, digital, digital literacy, digital marketing, digital media, Internet, Kelly Ferrier, Marketing, Social Media, social media business, social media marketing