We dug deep into our Google Analytics reports and our click-through reports to determine which social media business stories you liked best in the last 30 days. Here are the results:
Stories we wrote:
- 80-20 rule applies to social media marketing too - The Pareto principle, aka the 80-20 rule, seems to magically apply to many areas of life, including social media marketing. Anyone who has ever managed a sales team is familiar with the axiom 80 per cent of your sales come from 20 per cent of your customers, but where else does it apply?
- Top ten social media annoyances - Social media is fun and useful, but it’s not perfect by any stretch. As a digital marketer it’s my job to see social media for what it is, warts and all. Occasionally those warts get under my skin. Here are ten of my social media pet peeves.
- You are what you tweet: the psychology of social media - Most of us spend an incredible amount of time involved in some sort of digital media related activity. We tweet the happenings of our days, click “like” on the materials our Facebook friends share, create digital scrapbooks with Instagram and post videos of our cats on YouTube. With so much digital media so readily available, it’s not a stretch to think that it’s having a psychological impact on us. But is it positive or negative? That is the question.
Stories we read:
- 5 Insider tips for a better social media strategy - At the Mashable Media Summit in New York on Friday, founders of two social analytics start-ups–Parse.ly’s Sachin Kamdar and SocialFlow’s Frank Speiser–spoke on a number of emerging trends they’ve seen from the heaps of social data they monitor. Two founders of social data start-ups explain what they’ve learned so far.
- 10 Things you never say to a client - If a prospective client utters these lines, run, don’t walk away from—and avoid dropping these snappy comebacks on them.
- The can’t-miss social media trends for 2013 - Will Facebook continue its reign atop the social hierarchy? Will businesses get better returns on their social media investment? Will your CEO finally learn to tweet? Here’s a look at the biggest social media trends set to unfold in the year ahead.
That’s it for this week – tune in next week for our weekly best of social business recap.
Tags: 80-20 rule, business, digital, digital media, Marketing, Mashable Media Summit, pareto principle, Parse.ly, psychology of social media, social analytics, social data, Social Media, social media annoyances, social media business, social media strategy, social media trends, social web, SocialFlow