Stories we wrote:
- Melrose Café & Bar: a case study on digital media & the hospitality industry - Melrose started using digital media for two reasons: firstly, to stand out from a crowded hospitality market (specifically 17th Ave.) and secondly, to re-tell their brand story and re-introduce to the Calgary community the true identity of Melrose Café & Bar.
- Tech Talk: iHome iDM5 Review - It’s a Bluetooth keyboard, a back rest for your iPad or iPhone, has two onboard speakers, a built-in microphone so you can use it as a speakerphone and you can charge up to two USB devices at a time. It’s not specifically designed for the iPad, and will work well with iPhones.
- For traditional media, digital is the elephant in the room - Newspapers have struggled to understand what digital media is all about. Will it lead to the demise of traditional newspapers? Not likely. At least not in this generation or even the next. Will it change the way newspapers reach their market – both readers and advertisers? Of course, but should it be feared or embraced?
Stories we read:
- 27 Things to know before you work in social media - The purpose of this list is merely to share that most people who are in this new and quickly changing area of business are finding that the work often has more nuances and challenges than we expected.
- 7 Things you’re doing wrong on LinkedIn - Most professionals use the social networking site in some capacity–but one expert says they’re making a lot of mistakes.
- Just how interested is the world in SEO? [Infographic] - People are getting their information about search engine optimization (SEO) from a variety of ways. There are 863 million websites worldwide that mention the term “SEO” and 164,000 YouTube videos are indexed with the topic.
That’s it for this week – tune in next Wednesday for our weekly best of social business recap.
Tags: Bluetooth keyboard, business stories, digital, digital media, iHome iDM5, LinkedIn, Melrose Cafe and Bar, Newspapers, professionals, search engine optimization, SEO, social business, Social Business Recap, Social Media, social networking, Traditional Media, websites, YouTube